HELP! Texture Compression | ETC2

Dear Community,

we got some problems with texture compression. After checking all texture compression checkboxes, the compression process starts and keeps loading for almost 2 days and nights. I mean we have quite a lot of textures, but they are not that big, so almost 1k and 2k. On some textures the Vram is already calculated but the loadingbar is still working and constantly processing. Lets say it’s loading forever and not finishing properly.

Are the Textures loading all together or one by one?
If Vram is calculated the process should be done, so did it crashed?

We did some projects last year and texture compression works perfectly. So what happend?

We’re seeing the same issue across the board right now, mainly PVR encoding not working

1 Like

hey mike,

we only could fix this issue by deleting the texture file and upload it again, so the compression stopped somehow… not a real fix but helped anyways.

cheers, UFOMAMMOOT

We tried that to, submitted a bug report when it didn’t work, it was all textures for us unfortunately

1 Like

We’re experiencing this as well - was this ever fixed or explained?

EDIT: I have a texture stuck on ETC2 for the past 15 min now. I am aware etc compression can be slow but this is something I havent experienced before.

Bumping this old thread as I am having this issue right now But seems to be with PVR and ETC1/ETC2. Is there any fix other than deleting and re-uploading?

There’s a huge queue for texture compression at the moment. Chances are it be several hours before it’s complete unfortunately :frowning: