Help regarding movement of object

Greetings, I am working on a ping pong game, and can move the paddle with mouse but I wanted to move it with the help of my mobile phone sensors. Any help will be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately PlayCanvas has not yet got an API for the phone gyro and accelerometers.

That said, you can use the native API for this https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Detecting_device_orientation

Let me know if you still have some problems with this.

Sir I have made a project that uses Node.js and SocketIO in which i can sync my mobile phone and desktop webpage and move a rectangle in real time; Can I use that code in my playcanvas app in moving an object on screen?

Can you give me a sample code to move paddle in my project? As I am new to it I am bit confused :frowning:

Just to check, do you want to move a paddle on the screen of the phone? Or use the phone as a controller to control a paddle on the desktop?

I want to move the paddle on the desktop screen using my phone as a controller Sir.

In that case, the way I would approach it is to create a webpage that the phone would open and that would take the phone orientation (using the API I linked above), connect to the server, the server then sends that information to the desktop page/app and moves the paddle accordingly.

It’s pretty much the same code as you mentioned above with moving the rectangle.

Thanks steven I ll try and will come back to you :slight_smile: