Getting the Source Map files from my build

Hi,

I posted more or less the same question here a few months ago, but I didn’t have any answer and I am still looking for a solution. I figured I could ask the question in the coding topic instead, sorry for the double topic…

I’m currently working on a PlayCanvas project which is to be hosted on an external server. This means that, when I want to set a new version to prod, I need to download the build by doing Publish/Download .ZIP and then upload it into my server.

Most of the time, this flow is okay, but now I have a bug that occurs only on my prod server. In order to track it, getting the .map files (at least for the _game-scripts.js file) would really be helpful, but they are not available when downloading the build from PlayCanvas.

So here is my question : is there a way to get the Source Map files of my build ?

Thanks !

I don’t believe the is a way to do so unfortunately.

You can disable ‘Concatenate Scripts’ in the build process that will disable the minification and make it more debuggable.

Update on this. I was wrong.

This is an option to generated the source maps from the publish dialog

When opening the app in the publish link and opening devtools, the original source can be found in the page dialog to the left:

2 Likes