So I think I have a weird one here. A project I’m working on requires an animated Rubiks cube that goes from complete scramble to a solve.
I’ve made my animation in 3ds Max and exported and FBX. The trouble is the animation seems to be breaking down when converted to JSON by Playcanvas.
Here is what the animation looks like in 3ds Max:
As you can see the subcubes rotate around the origin normally. Unfortunately, within Playcanvas I get this result:
Editing the import sample rate had no effect.
Thinking it might have been an issue with using quaternions for my rotation and a problem with the FBX export, I tried opening the file in Blender and still got a good result:
As a Hail Mary, I then imported the FBX into Blender and reexported as a DAE file to upload to PC. After adjusting the sample rate, it actually worked in Playcanvas!
Even though it is working with the DAE file, I can’t help but think there might be an issue with the FBX importer. I have created a repro here with both the DAE and FBX models:
If needed, I can provide the model files if someone is curious enough to take a look.