Edge of model flickering in immersive VR

Using the left joystick to move, it looks like its the same issue.

Adding a skybox sphere with a fixed rotation to the camera worksaround the issue: https://playcanvas.com/editor/scene/1306172

We checked that project that you shared with inverted sphere workaround for this issue , but still i can able to see the jagged white lines causing glittering around the mesh. Do you have any other suggestions to overcome this issue for now??

Does this video cover the issue you are seeing?

Yes , thanks for the explanation. So i understood that even without post effect , if we get glittering or shimmering effect that is the way rendering works. Is application resolution adjustment or oculus device resolution adjustment helps this scenario?

It’s already rendering at device pixel ratio which is the native resolution of the Quest. I sometimes see this effect in the home scene of the Quest in some areas. In this case, it’s a hardware limitation of the resolution of the Quest.

so, is there any way where we could actually fix this shimmering effect?

You could use supersampling (render to higher resolution texture and do some good quality downsampling), or you could use FXAA script (antialiasing), but none of these would be cheap at all. But FXAA could be worth testing perhaps.

It seems this is related to having a very thin geometry with some high contrast lighting. You could even make the lit edges wider (so they’re not sub-pixel size), or alternatively lower the light intensity that’s hitting them (or are they textured like this?) to not have this high contrast edge at all.

Maybe even bevelling the hard edges may help here too so that there harsh contrast is not that high

Hi @yaustar ,
I came across outlines issue even with particle system on oculus browser as you raised bug for bloom effect previously

So as i mentioned even with particle system , i am getting the same issue on oculus quest browser , Here i am adding the repro project as well.
https://playcanvas.com/editor/scene/1345619

1 Like

Sorry, I’m not sure what you are asking here?

Does the workaround with the inverted sphere/skybox work for the particle system issue?

Does the workaround with the inverted sphere/skybox work for the particle system issue?

No , it didn’t give us solution for that.
I mean to say what ever you raised bug in the engine

The same above issue is occurring , even if we add particle system as well.
So that above bug fix clears the same issue occurring in case of particle system as well?

I can’t see an issue with the particles? Am I missing something here?

Here issue is not with particles , i am mentioning about if we have particle system in our scene , we are getting the border lines around all objects , you can see those white border lines around boxes in that repro project & they won’t be visible if we turn off particle system in our scene. Can you try that & check the difference what i am mentioning about here?

Ah, I see now. Yes I can reproduce the issue and also the workaround posted in the ticket also works in this case

The bluesky is an inverted sphere that I’m using as a ‘sky box’