Development job for Art History-related, digital humanities project

Greetings,

My name is David Schwittek and I am an artist and designer working in New York City. I am researching a project that includes interactive, 3D spaces and I came across PlayCanvas as a possible solution.

This project would consist of an interactive, 3D reproduction of a 19th century art gallery that could be embedded into a content management system (such as Joomla!, Drupal, Wordpress, etc). This 3D space would not only be navigable and annotated, but would use the API to allow individual works of art to be selected for closer lightbox-like inspection with text fields populated with related text and links to other related content in the gallery. For this Lightbox feature to be dynamically driven, the PlayCanvas instance would, we imagine, require a connection to a relational database (e.g. MySQL) to pull information about individual art works, artists, subjects, provenance, dates, dimensions, etc.

For example, the lightbox inspector (or inspector in a separate div, etc) would be populated with information like the artist’s name. The artist’s name would be a link to an inspection panel display of this artist’s bio, in addition to all other images in the gallery he or she may have painted. Ideally this information about each individual image could be pulled from a database table that’s easily manageable from a backhand content management site such as Joomla!.

Eventually we would also want to port this to a VR/AR application either thru WebVR or some AR app technology.

I could handle developing the 3D model and content management system on my end, but the PlayCanvas development is a little beyond me. If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact me with any further questions or comments. Thank you in advance for your reply.

-Dave Schwittek