Child not following Parent (p2.js, 2D game)

Hey again,
is there a reason why my child entity (it only has a script component) is not following its parent instance (the parent is actually from a template, and the child is part of this template). Is there a reason why the child is not following the parent? The child ends up just staying in 1 position and it does not move the way it should be.

**I just tested it with a sprite to see it as a reference, and it seems the child is actually moving to the correct location, but keeps on getting reset back to the starting spot

Thanks,
Chhes

Hi again @Chhes! I have no idea what p2.js is, but are you sure the child has no dynamic rigidbody or a script that controls it’s position?

It does have one, and I just set its position with scripts instead

Can that be the reason why it’s not following the parent? Did you try it when the script is disabled?

yes I did, and the script called p2Body was the cause, so I just dropped the issue because I saw that the position property was causing the issue, so I just set that to the child’s “would be” position

Thanks,
Chhes

If your issue hasn’t been solved, please share a link so someone can take a look.