Cannot find child entity of parent "Root" - Editor error, can't delete entities

We have a repro for this in the following ticket: Scene corruption where an Entity will have the same child listed twice in the Editor data · Issue #758 · playcanvas/editor · GitHub

We aren’t sure if this is the only cause of the issue though

The main issue with this is by the point people get the error message, it’s too late. We would need the steps leading up to the issue itself.

@yaustar Thank you for the information. I will watch for this to occur again and hopefully catch some more data since I have experience the occurrence.

I did all the steps and was able to fix my project… but I can no longer reparent an entity…

I was thinking maybe if I tried doing it the dev console way It would fix the problem but I can’t do it that way because It’s blocked on my school computer…

Help? I have to submit my project for a make-a-game contest at school after this month!
I don’t want to publicly put out the link to my project yet but for anyone that can help me I’ll send the link to you privately.

DM it to me and the branch that you are on/has the issue

1 Like

:+1: ok

Confirmed it’s not an Editor/Scene corruption issue

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Cannot duplicate entities - Editor says ‘Error saving changes’