How can I create something similar in the easiest and most logical way?
Will started working in a gizmo project a while ago, you can find it here:
I reviewed the project, but I had difficulty comprehending most of it. It appears that the project was never fully completed.
It will need to be built from scratch, based on the idea I have in mind:
- Begin by implementing entity picking as the primary step.
- Once an entity is selected, incorporate child transform handles (3D models).
- Scale the transform handles based on camera distance and the selected entity.
- Enable handle selection/picking to determine when and how to move entities effectively.
- Currently, I understand the need to utilize onMouseMove, but there’s a missing piece of information regarding how to determine the direction of the mouse movement and so on.
Perhaps there’s a better approach? I’m open to ideas and suggestions.
There is no easy way to do it, unless you are using some existing library. This is because the math is a bit complex when working with hierarchy of entities with different scales.
Apart from the link from Leonidas, you can also look at how it is done in threejs:
Well, that will be the challenge.
Gizmo project looks outdated, nothing happens when you click on the box, no errors either.