Basis compression bug

Hi there, testing out the new Basis compression and it looks great, but i’m having problems with more large files (3mb - 6mb).
When i press the “Compress Basis” button it just stands there and looks stuck forever(a progress feedback, if possible, would be great), but one thing i discovered is that while this happening if i upload the same file again it completes the process and actually works.

Can you share an image that doesn’t successfully compress to Basis please?

Sure:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EUi6HXQUfxnPwiSLpHSFS1B1cMsYP3eb/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Thanks, we take a look at it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems like we have a UI bug where we don’t allow compression on textures that are not of power of 2 dimensions. We are looking to make the fix as soon as we can :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is related or not. But does the Area Lights example use Basis compression?

The textures don’t seem to be loading on my phone.

Console logs:

what device are you on?
this is not related to basic, but we’ll investigate.

Same here on my iPhone XS:

A Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro running on Android 10. I tried on Chrome as well as on Microsoft Edge with same results.

@Gamer_Wael - can you please test the area lights issue again now, we’ve release possible fix to this.

1 Like

LG G8 running Android 10 here. Tested on both Firefox and Chrome for Android. The area light demo works for me.

2 Likes

Can confirm it works perfectly! :+1:

2 Likes