Animation Without default state

Hi , I have only walking animation which I want to start after either of AWSD key is pressed.
So can I achieve the same without having default state ie animation. If yes how to proceed with the same.Find screenshot attached below

Thank you

Hi @gouthamamin!

Your current setup looks like what you are asking for.

Can you tell me what the problem is with the current setup?

Whenever I refresh the page again , walking animation does play.

Alright, nowadays you can have an empy state. What if you create an extra state for your animation and leave the default state empty?

yeah I did the same .But After I refresh the page again and click on any button walking animation doesnt play , only it triggers the param ie Walking to true.

Can you select the transition so I can check the settings of it?

The problem is if I refrsh page animation doesnt work. To work again I have to remove attached state graph from player and re attach it along with walk anim clip

That’s strange. I need to check this behavior in an emty project. It could be a bug (probably because of the empty state).

Do I understand correctly you don’t have an idle animation or you can’t use it for some reason?

Alternatively you can have an Anim State Graph without transitions and switch directly by script to the correct animation.

this.entity.anim.baseLayer.transition('Walking', 0.2);

How about during loading the screen ?

Actually I do not have idle animation so i just created empty state for idle and kept it blank.

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean.

1 Like

What about just pause and play the animation (so only use the default state)? You can set the default speed to 0 and set it to 1 when you want to play the animation.

1 Like