360 lookaround camera doesn't work if I apply to sphere instead

There’s this cool tutorial about how to make a 360 experience, however I’d like it to work by applying the script on the sphere instead of the camera. I thought it would work with no problems since the script doesn’t get the camera, but the entity it is attached to. It doesn’t work though, the sphere rotates all wrong. Here’s the project.

I can’t rotate the camera, I really need to rotate the sphere itself…I wonder why the same logic that is applied to the camera doesn’t work on the sphere itself, doesn’t make sense to me.

I don’t have the bandwidth/time to go into too much detail on this.

TLDR, what you are seeing is the expected result. It’s not meant to work if its not used on anything but the camera because as soon as you put it on the sphere, it’s no longer being rotated around the camera’s local Y and X axis.

From the emails and projects you have sent/done, it sounds like you want to rotate an object without moving the camera.

If so, this is probably what you really want: https://playcanvas.com/project/586330/overview/the-room-item-exam

No, this isn’t it either. I tested this script and it also doesn’t work as expected for the look around.

I really want the look around functionality, but with the script working on the sphere and not the camera.

TLDR, what you are seeing is the expected result. It’s not meant to work if its not used on anything but the camera because as soon as you put it on the sphere, it’s no longer being rotated around the camera’s local Y and X axis.

I see. So there’s no easy or obvious solution to the problem.