Failed to initialize basis worker

failed to initialize basis worker: TypeError: WebAssembly.compile is not a function
shows when using browser open newly published project for the first time. This will lead to the loading proecess stucks at 99% percent. And after a refresh everything is just fine. Anyone know how to solve this or anyway to debug this problem?

Any help would be great :smiley:

What is your browser version? Maybe it doesn’t support WebAssembly? "WebAssembly" | Can I use... Support tables for HTML5, CSS3, etc

Hi! thanks for the reply. I dont think it’s the browser version problem for everything will work fine after a refresh.

我找到一个方案,在apache里配置一下
httpd.conf,增加一句话
AddType application/wasm .wasm
就不会再出现了

@XiumoXR please, use English in public threads.

Hey @jack_ma, sorry you’re having this issue. Are you able to share a link to a demo project?

Hello, thank you for the reply. Sorry for I cant provide the link for some reason. And I dont have much time to reproduce this in another project. [XiumoXR]'s solution temporarily solve the problem. All good for now.

Hi, I’ve seen other threads saying it’s an issue with the Apache settings, so I set it up and found that it didn’t seem to be an issue anymore, but now it’s coming back, and it’s a very strange situation where refreshing the URL multiple times makes it go away.
But surely players are not that patient, could you help to see how to fix it. demo

:ok:

I’ve tested this and it seems that setting basis.wasm.js to preload doesn’t give me this error. No other problems found for now. Thanks guys!

1 Like