WebXR not working on ios?

Are you talking about the Google cardboard request? I think that is built into the polyfill. Not 100% sure you can rid of it without modifying the polyfill.

A-Frame modified it, In Unity webxr plugin seems like its possible as well. I’ll take a look…

Any plans about fixing VRLab project to work again? Its one of your most amazing flagship demo, it has to work to bring more people to jump in!

Right now, If I try it on latest chrome on desktop (and a WMR headset), it fails for me.

Cheers.

We have someone tasked for it so waiting to finish on it.

I’ve got a private fork which was super hacked together but got it working with WebXR as someone needed it.

1 Like

Thank you! its good news. You guys are amazing as always!

If you want access to the private fork, drop me a DM with your PlayCanvas user name :slight_smile:

(I think it still works, its a bit old :sweat_smile:)

I will!

Just testing the WebXR UI Interaction project. And I’m sorry that it feels like I’m just finding problems. I have a WebXR project that is coming for work and I’m testing all the options.

So, it feels like you need to put your camera under a CameraOffset for it to be at the right height (1.6). Both browser version and ios version, my head was on the floor.

Fixed. I’ve changed the reference space from local to local floor to take into account of the floor to headset transform on 6DoF devices and other VR devices on 3DoF

PlayCanvas supports WebXR - that is correct. Although WebXR is not supported everywhere. iOS Safari does not support WebXR.

Thank you for testing WebXR projects in PlayCanvas, looking forward for more findings.

1 Like

Do we have any news about WebXR and iOS?

The last news I got is this:

Its still in development WebKit Feature Status | WebKit