I’ve created multiple scripts with variables on my project. No issues whatsoever until the “square” script. This script has variables in identical format to other scripts. This is the first new script where this issue happened.
When I add any NEW script (including square.js), then add that script to an entity’s script component, the variables appear for one frame, then are immediately hidden. I am not able to assign anything to these variables. Only new scripts suffer from this issue. If I copy an existing script and change the name, it also has this issue.
if I “REFRESH” the script, the variables will appear for one frame, then be hidden.
Thanks everyone for the swift replies! I did not discover the root of the issue, but eventually creating new scripts (SquareGuy) worked, even though I was doing the same thing as before. If it happens again I’ll try to get video of the issue via screen cap and post it here.