[SOLVED] Shiny reflective assets in scene

I have been trying to figure out why off and on this occurs in some of my game scenes. What happens is just after adding a skybox(I think) everything in my scene seems to become reflective or shiny. I searched a bit for this issue and I am assuming that it is something that I am missing or do not understand. Below is a link to one of my students games. The bricks, barrel, and ground seem to have a mirrored look and shiny.

https://playcanvas.com/editor/scene/1522657

I am hoping that others have seen this and that the resolution will help all. I don’t know if any of the changes to the engine had an effect but currently I am on 1.57.1 I think. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hmm, that’s interesting. They seem to fully reflect the skybox, even though the cubemap isn’t prefiltered.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, let’s way from someone from the PlayCanvas team to comment. There have been changes to the materials system recently.

@Leonidas Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have started a VR version of the one of my first person examples. I noticed that in game and in editor this seems to appear as well. I am going to try to do a build this weekend and post on projects page. Before I do so I am going to grab another cubemap and see if any changes occur. :grinning:

1 Like

Try also to prefilter the cubemap asset and see if you get the expected behavior then.

1 Like

@Leonidas OK well prefilter did the trick. I will have to remember this in the future. Made a world of difference. Thanks so much for the support. I am sure we will chat again soon. I will mark as solved.

1 Like