[SOLVED] Scrollview Help

Hello.

Someone has a scene with a running scrollview to share?
Using the components Scroll View and Scroll Bar.

I’m looking for an example or documentation about those components.

Thanks in advance.

They are pretty new AFAIK, I don’t think it is official yet? Are you using the engine directly?

Not really, the new components are just available.
I couldn’t find nothing official, so i came here.

I m working in a project that will require scrollviews, and dropdown menues inside them. If i can make those components work, i would save quite the amount of work.

Ah, interesting. I didn’t realise they are in the current release.

The code only just got merged a few days ago and I don’t think they were meant to be in the current release. Normally there are some documentation/examples of something like this on release/announcement.

Sadly, i didn’t found any documentation/examples.

Yeah, sorry, this feature is so new, it’s hasn’t been documented properly yet. We should be able to do that in the next week.

Cool, i m gonna wait then.

When will the ‘Scroll View’ & ‘Scroll Bar’ document be updated?

1 Like

@jongmok_kim It should be next week sometime.

Hi there :). Is the new scrollview/scrollbar feature available? If not, can you tell us when it will be available?

We don’t care for documentation as much as the feature itself. We cannot find it under the “Add Component” dropdown menu, BUT we found an example using it: https://playcanvas.com/project/561332/overview/scroll-view-test .

That project is mine. I saw it in the code base and though I try using it. I think I ran out of time and didn’t finish it.

I ended coding one scrollview/scrollbar myself.
Cant share because the code dosnt belong to me.

If you go this route and get stuck somewhere, let me know.

We’ve now made scrollviews available in the Editor UI:

2 Likes

@will
i can see that when i insert some elements in the scroll view content entity it does not automatically space them out, is this coming soon or am i doing it wrong?

Can you post a URL to a scene that shows the problem please?

thanks for the response will.

I realised my problem and thought i was missing something crucial which was the layout group and layout group child components, i added the layout group component to the content entity, and the layout group child to the children, i was able to get it working fine after this.

Thanks again

2 Likes

Still nothing in the documentation about these componentS? I see them in the API documentation however.

Unfortunately not :frowning: We’ve got a block of work to improve the documentation including missing features and we just haven’t got to it.

Ok, no worries. I’ll figure it out.