[SOLVED] How do i create font asset?

The User Manual say:
You can create a Font asset by uploading a font file ending in .ttf, .ttc, .otf or .dfont. We convert the uploaded font to a multi-channel signed distance field.

But when i upload font file ending in .ttf,no font asset in my project,just have source font
How do i solve it?

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried various TTF and OTF files but none of them seem to generate the font asset. I can’t find any way to manually create the font asset. :frowning:

Apologies, this was a bug. Font importing is working again now.

1 Like

Thanks @dave ! I’m new to PlayCanvas, so I was pulling out my hair trying to figure this one out. :rofl:

Thanks you Sir!
One more question,Can Playcanvas support Chinese Font?

It already does (to a degree). What problems are you running into? I know there are some issues with the texture size of bitmap font generation due to the number of characters the chinese language has.

My text has already used “chinese.ttf” font ,but there is nothing show out,what did i missed?

When the font is processed, it generates a bitmap of the characters listed in the characters attribute.

You will need to change it to include the chinese characters that you want to use and click process font again.

Eg: https://playcanvas.com/editor/scene/620310

However, the font that you are using only has a limited character set as well so you may need another font:

1 Like

It work!Thank you help :smiley: