shutil.move(temp_path, dst)
File “C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py”, line 302, in move
copy2(src, real_dst)
File “C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py”, line 130, in copy2
copyfile(src, dst)
File “C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py”, line 82, in copyfile
with open(src, ‘rb’) as fsrc:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘.\out.js’

I can’t get it to build the playcanvas engine. Need some help.

Do you Java installed on your system? Is java found in your path?

Yeah it install in the path for java. Since it fresh install window 10 OS. python 2.7.11

I have Windows 10 and Python27 as well. I can only assume that it’s a folder permissions problem? Seems to fail writing the out.js file. @dave - any ideas?

For some reason some testing. The compile java was not working as out.js didn’t write it. Not sure which version of java to download I am bit lost at it. Trying to figure while getting to work.

I have:

I am not sure but I did install the java right but some reason the build does not work. Even I try the simple file test to what ever it working or not when exporting to the script.

I am on 64 bit OS.

java -jar compiler.jar --js_output_file=out.js in1.js

So if you can’t get that command to execute correctly, then we’re agreed this is an OS/Java problem rather than a problem with the PlayCanvas Engine build script?

I guess there could potentially be a conflict between multiple Java versions maybe? Have you checked your installed programs list to check you just have one version installed (JDK vs JRE, say?).

So you have the same Java version as me?

I manage to found out what wrong. It was my security program blocking which is strange it suppose to tell me what happening to my pc when it alert me but it didn’t this time.

Execellent! :smile: Really glad you managed to figure out what was the problem.