[SOLVED] Converting Free Account to Organization and Payment Questions

Hello, good morning, I have some doubts and I ask you to solve them:
I currently have a free account in which I am developing a project. For reasons of storage space and other features I want to update my plan from free to organization, although I would still be the only user. How could I do it to continue with my work without losing anything of what has been done so far?
The second question is that I would like to know the payment methods accepted by playcanvas for the monthly subscription.
And finally I would like to know if once finished the work with your editor and host the application on another server, I can stop paying the subscription until I get another client with a request for which I need your service with the editor of playcanvas .
Thank you

Hi @VALEN_TINE,

You can sign up for an organization account even if you’re the only user. Just create a new organization and then upgrade its plan to an Organization plan. You can then transfer your projects to the new organization to take advantage of the paid features.

We accept most major credit cards for paying for your subscription.

You can stop paying for your plan at any time, however if you have any private projects then these will be locked until you restart your subscription or until you make them public.

You mean the project blocked in the editor, not the one that I have already exported and hosted on another server, right?
thanks

Yeah just the project on our website. The one you hosted on your site is not affected.

Thank you for your answers. Now I am ready to start making the change from a free account to the organization account. So I would appreciate it if you would guide me step by step about the actions I must take to migrate my account and my projects to the new plan. I see that from my user panel there is an upgrade button, is that where I have to go ?, because there is also the option to create a new organization and I get a window that asks me for an organization ID. In conclusion I am a little lost on the exact steps to follow to not lose all the work done, Thank you very much

Hi! I have been reading your answer, and I want to clarify something for me. Let’s say I will be paying the subscription, publish my project on your host and then stop my subscription. When I stop it, will you simply block the access to my project’s URL? But if I host it on my own host it will not be affected, right?

Your published project will not be affected even when hosted on PlayCanvas. You just won’t be able to make changes to your project.

1 Like

What about mine ?
“Thank you for your answers. Now I am ready to start making the change from a free account to the organization account. So I would appreciate it if you would guide me step by step about the actions I must take to migrate my account and my projects to the new plan. I see that from my user panel there is an upgrade button, is that where I have to go ?, because there is also the option to create a new organization and I get a window that asks me for an organization ID. In conclusion I am a little lost on the exact steps to follow to not lose all the work done,”
I am waiting for your help to continue with my work. Thank you very much

I beg you to give me a hand so I can make the change of plan.

The documentation should help https://developer.playcanvas.com/en/user-manual/organizations/creating-organizations/

It does get a bit fiddly but once you grok that the organisation is almost a separate account with it’s own profile page, it gets a bit easier.

thank you all for your help, I have already been able to complete the migration to organization and continue with my project.