Roadmap and priority features

I was searching online for a roadmap, or a priority list of features planned/pending, but I can’t find it.
would be nice to see what is planned or more requested, so more developers could also contribute by starting some new pending feature

1 Like

GitHub is the best place to find this information: https://github.com/playcanvas/engine

There are pull requests and branches that are currently being worked on as well as a list of issues that are pending.

GitHub is good for bug tracking but is not the best to show a roadmap and to “vote” for features. You have to dig between bugs of last 4 years, never fixed or closed (maybe they are not applicable to the current version anymore).

Also, I’m new to Playcanvas, and I postponed the choice for many months to move from Unity, because of many missing features, and I wasn’t able to foresee what and when something would have been added.
I decided to give it a try but is a high risk for someone to learn a completely new engine and environment, if it’s missing a clear view of the project. (maybe the view exists, but I can’t find it by reading the bug reports in Github)
It could be that many more developers could start using Playcanvas if they see more easily what is going on.

2 Likes

trello might be useful for a play canvas roadmap