After manually unloading model asset (playcanvas generated glb from fbx upload) the usage of VRAM goes extremely up (instead of going down…).
- manually loading GLB model asset via asset-registry load method
- this GLB (asset size ~14MB) does about 13.3MB in VRAM
- after unloading this specific via asset unload method, the VRAM goes extremely high (in this case 150MB)
- repeating previous three steps leads to memory leak with gradually increasing the VRAM stats
I have tested this issue with multiple 3d models.
- Native playcanvas profiler shows Vram.total: NaN after a while.
- Using custom mini stats.
example project: PlayCanvas 3D HTML5 Game Engine
(feel free to clone)
- pres A key to load the model
- pres S key to unload the model
- modify target asset on root entity, myLoader script