PlayCanvas as a Virtual Teacher

Hi,

I am a high school game design teacher, and with the current crisis, it has been hard to continue my instruction (which is primarily with Unreal Engine, or Unity) due to students lack of machines that can properly run the software.

Playcanvas is very appealing to me, as being browser based heavily lowers the barrier of entry.

I am hoping for some direction though.

I see how students would be able to share finished projects with me, but is there any way for me to share a starter or template project with them? or useful code/assets already made? The import function is attached to the paid membership.

Are there useful entry level tutorials that someone could point me towards?

Would the collaborate function work if I wanted students to have separate projects?

thanks for your help.

2 Likes

Ahoi @holdenm2!

is there any way for me to share a starter or template project with them? or useful code/assets already made? The import function is attached to the paid membership.

Your pupils can FORK your example project :slight_smile:
This will add a copy of the project to their repository.

Just send them your link :sunny:

Cheers to u m8 for keeping the youth well educated! Respect :beers:

1 Like

There’s currently no way to merge separate projects together if that’s what you are asking? If each student has a separate project, you can collaborate on each individual project, view their work, etc.

The Keepy Up 6 part tutorial series is your best bet as it takes them through making complete small game and touch upon several major systems of the engine.

The user manual also takes them through how to use the Editor and various areas of the engine as well.

Each free account comes with 200MB of user space. If that’s not enough, drop me a DM and I see what I can do to help.