Multiplayer Sync with Physics Objects

What did you try for this? While I’m not very familiar with socket like I said, looking at the code, we should be able to implement a ‘ghost box’ as you call it, this is quite similar to what I do in Photon. To achieve this, whenever a new player joins, create a new ghost box at the default location(do this in your addPlayer method) . It might be worth it to have a disabled template box which you clone and enable for this purpose. Every time a player moves their box, try doing a new socket.emit with the updated position of their box, and once that’s received on another player’s side, you can move it accordingly.

See that is what I did, but it’s not that I don’t understand the PlayCanvas code, it’s more that I don’t know how to do it with socket.

Can you elaborate on what exactly you tried to achieve what I mentioned? Also, it may be worth it to create a Photon app at home since you can’t do it at school, and save the credentials. Photon works on these principles, and you only need the appID from the website once. You don’t need to access the website again. Additionally, you don’t need to do any work server side.

1 Like

I could definitely do that. I also have my phone with me today, is it able to be set up on phone?

All you need to do on the Photon website itself is create an app and save the appID on a text editor, so yes I believe this should be possible to do on the phone. Once you have that appID, everything else is done on PlayCanvas, so a PC/laptop would obviously be preferable for that. But of course, once you have the appID, you can use it at school too since you don’t need to visit the Photon website anymore.

Sick, and how would this affect the game? Are there any tutorials for it when it comes to the physics?

Like I said earlier, the starter kit and guide I wrote on the forums(linked in my first reply) have a project utilizing physics which you can study.

Photon is almost always significantly faster than a Glitch server.

Sweet, thanks, I will let you know how this works out.

http://topdown-example.meta.space/
You can take a look at this. If it is something similar that you want to achieve, you should take a look at the sources GitHub - meta-space-org/playnetwork-example-3d-physics-topdown: Example project of PlayNetwork, implementing top-down 3D game with physics.