Thanks again @Mr_F!
So this is where I’m at
- The biggest deal here is the FPS… it drops from 60 to ~4
.setWeightstarts to slowly deform the mesh as the animation moves forward
things to note:
- the morph data is being matched… meaning that some of the blendshape used to capture the data are not a direct match to the current model’s blendshapes. For example the capture data has BrowsUp_L, where the model has BrowOutterUp_Left, BrowsInnerOutter_Left, Brows_Up_Left., etc. So that can account for the unnatural expressions on the model. I’m still tweaking it to mirror them better.
- The capture data includes things link LookUp_L, LookOut_L, LookDown_L, which I’ve converted to traditional bone animation by updating the rotation for children under
this.entity.model.skinInstances.boneshierarchy (Right and Left eye). That doesn’t seem to be happening though…
- Unfortunately the data was captured at 24fps, haven’t figured a way to speed it up to 60fps using the
.update(that’s the least of my worries at this point)
- I haven’t added the lerp. It just felt like overkill with the current FPS situation.
Any thoughts on how this could be improved?