Loading order of library JS files

Is it possible to add me to the project? Username: “dave”

I’ve added you to it.

Please refresh the Editor and try now.

Looks like the script list contained an asset that no longer exists (had been deleted probably). I noticed that the list started from #2

It seems to work for me now.

Yay thanks Dave. Works for me too. I did just delete some older stuff, but I hadn’t taken note of the order numbers!

1 Like

Obviously this is still a bug for us :slight_smile: Nothing you could have done differently.

Sorry to raise this thread back up but I have a similar issue. I have 36 js files being loaded and the editor fails to let me reorder the js files past a certain ways down the list. For example I can swap #12 and #13 but not #31 and #32 Does it have anything to do with files that fail to “parse” in the editor? Because I have some library files that fail to parse but are valid. I’ve noticed after these files in the loading order, things start to fail to swap.

I also do not have the issue of deleted files still appearing in the list.

We are finalizing the solution to solve this.
Please for now, could you provide us with the link to the project?

It’s a private corporate project. I can add someone from playcanvas to the list of members. Who should I add and what permissions?

You can add me max to the project with read-only permission.

Hey @rakberdin, I’ve resolved an issue, and script reordering should work as before now, please verify this as I do not have permissions to do so.

works great, thanks!

Hi,

I’m seeing the same problem on a project (script order doesn’t stick and there’s a console error message when moving them). It’s causing problems when I concatenate the scripts to go on the client’s servers.

Any chance I could add someone from Playcanvas to have a look?

Can you share a link to your project? If not can you add user ‘vaios’ to it?

Oh, good. I thought it was me.

I’m having the same issue. Dragging the scripts around makes them jump to a different place than I dropped them (or they don’t move at all).

I also noticed that if I rename a file, the old filename shows up in DevTools (but with the correct content)… They stay that way (even after dumping the browser cache) until I actually delete the script from the editor, create a new one and paste the old content back in. I don’t know if these issues are related, though.

I’ve added user ‘vaios’ to my project!

Thanks Vaios - have added you as read only to the project!

Hi Richard,

I have run a fix on your project to remove some duplicate entries and some references to missing scripts in the script list. We’re working on a permanent fix for this, but your project should be in a working state now.

Please refresh the editor if you haven’t and please let us know if you are still having trouble.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks Dave - much appreciated!