Latest PlayCanvas News from Khronos WebGL Event

Yesterday, I updated the global WebGL community on the latest news from PlayCanvas. You can see the talk here!

Lots of exciting things like:

• Improvements to the runtime lightmapper
  • Progress with clustered lighting
  • Preview of a new Node-base Shader Editor tool

Let us know what you think!

9 Likes

Awesome! I have no experience with shaders myself, but the new Shader Editor looks very promising! I am also very happy with the Full Hierarchy that is coming up and the new TextMesh will certainly come in handy too. You can see that the team is working very hard. Missing features are added one by one. Thank you! Soon a NavMesh for pathfinding?

Yes, the team is working so hard and it’s great to see the results! While NavMesh support is not something we have on our schedule for this year, we do intend to work on better supporting Editor plugins/extensions. And I think NavMesh will be a good example of a potential third party plugin. I can imagine @Leonidas making one! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Sounds good. For now it’s also a nice challenge to do without. Although I can be very critical (sorry about that) I have to say that I am very happy with PlayCanvas.

1 Like

This is fantastic! In particular I’m really looking forward to using the shader editor and clustered lighting features, hopefully they’ll improve games as much as I’m inclined to believe by this awesome demo!

1 Like