Is there any way to use version control with current playcanvas?

Hi guys, I’m wondering the information about version control system on current playcanvas.
Now I can’t use git synchronization on playcanvas?
Like here? https://developer.playcanvas.com/en/user-manual/scripting/legacy/workflow/

Not at the moment. The team is working on version control last I heard on the forums.

What I do at at the moment on the ORG account is to export the project via the REST API and check that into version control. It doesn’t give me all the benefits but at least allows me to check between different versions of the project.

Alternatively, the other practise is to fork the project to create a ‘tag’ and/or export the published build and again, check that into version control.

I understood and thank you so much.
That is very similar for our situation. (using API and use “fork” function.)

Yes, the integrated version control support is due to roll out very soon this month. Stay tuned for updates…

We’ve just released this today.

Congrats!
Is this stable or only testing period?

This is the stable release. We’ve had developers using it in production for a while now.

Thanks a lot.
and how to choose the branch via export API?
In our company, deploying is using export API.

Hey, it’s great you have version control support integrated into the editor. It was a major missing feature that kept me away from using PlayCanvas.
Having a look again, I’m left with some questions:

• There appears to be no way to link to an external repository, have I missed the link?
  • How would you now develop scripts in a local environment? The option to ‘launch with local server’ seems to have gone.
  • If neither of these are available, is there a possibility of uploading source files from an external source. I have an application framework that injected system management support into PlayCanvas. Wondering how this would now work.
  • Originally I used legacy scripts to make use of the version control support, the legacy script option seems to have gone, also my projects that used legacy scripts now fail to export. Has this functionality been deprecated?

Thanks