Introduce yourself

i am a awesome musician

Hiya everyone :wave:

My name is Kris and I’m an intern javascript/react developer.

I’ve recently been assigned to a project where we need to tackle a web solution for 3d / XR projects. And it has been decided that we will be using PlayCanvas!

I’m really excited about working with a new technology but I’m also very scared because learning everything from scratch is very overwhelming for me :frowning:

Anyway, I hope to have a good time with PlayCanvas and maybe, if I learn enough, build something cool on my own.

1 Like

Sweet! Let us know if we can help in any way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, yaustar, I appreciate this. I’m sure I’ll be needing help as I learn :slight_smile:

Hello Will and PlayCanvas friends!

Alexandre Rangel here. Multimedia artist, educator, Art end Technology PhD.
Developing multimedia since Director Lingo days (1995), Blender Game Engine, Processing, OpenFrameworks, Unity, Sonic Pi and Hydra, most recently.
Developed two VJ/video playback apps in C++ and Unity; heading for the third.
In love with JavaScript since a few years ago, because of its gigantic ecosystem. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Very glad to be here among y’all. Been amazed by PlayCanvas strength and possibilities.

Check out my work at
https://www.alexandrerangel.art.br
https://www.quasecinema.org
https://www.instagram.com/quasecinema

3 Likes

Hello! Friends of Playcanvas Forum:

My name is Kyle Zhang and I come from Shenzhen, China. Now I am working at Tencent Inc., which is the biggest game company in the world. My job is technical artist. We have been using Unity and Unreal for our work a long time but both of them are too heavy to touch our users, thus we use Playcanvas to replace them to develop our next generation product.

Now we have ordered an ORG subscription to fit Playcanvas into our main workflow pipeline. I’m a really newer of Playcanvas, WebGL, Javascript, etc :confounded: . Thanks very much to those who help me these days, such as @Leonidas, @yaustar, @LeXXik :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: . I really appreciate it and wish will get more tips on programming on Playcanvas.

Thank you for bringing us such an awesome tool to create fantastic web content. Wish you all the best!

Regards,
Kyle Zhang

8 Likes

I’m Zhang San. I’ve been working in the front end for 4 years. I like programs. I find playcanvas very friendly for the development of Web 3D

2 Likes

Hey :slight_smile:, My name is joyalva

I have 10 ten in experience with programming, computers, Linux.
My favorite language is C. I have a hobby of making calculator games on the TI-84 plus CE. I have also dabbled HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and CE LANGUAGES. I am on play canvas because I decided to move to unity but I wanted to start small, so I’m on play canvas :slight_smile: . I look forward to working in the great community.

6 Likes

Hi My name is Jason,
I am 12 years old and want to make a WebGL First Person Shooter i hale very little coding expirience i know a little bit of HTML I had wondered if any of you could help me start on my Developing Adventure’s I want to be a game developer when I grow up. I’m in 7th grade and want to have something im proud of.

:blush:

8 Likes

Hi! I’m a 43 year old developer from Germany. I’ve been mostly doing backend work for the last couple of decades, with a little bit of game development on the side. Corona busted my consulting business up pretty good, leaving me with lots of time to commit to stuff that’s more fun. :slight_smile:

One of the things I recently got into big-time is building web games using React. I’m not talking about HTML-based games, but actual WebGL stuff where your scene hierarchy is composed by way of React components. It sounds a little nuts, but it actually works amazingly well! I’ve been using a library that sits on top of Three.js for this, enjoying it quite a lot, but since I’m building games and not just little visual experiments or website flourishes, I needed something that is a little bit more “game engine”. Which brought me here.

I’m building a thing that I’m not quite ready to talk about yet, and I’m building it using PlayCanvas. Since I’ve learned to dig the React approach so much, part of what I’m working on right now is a set of React bindings for PlayCanvas’ open source engine library. I’m fully planning on open-sourcing this once it feels stable enough, and once I do, I will make sure to post about it somewhere on these forums.

So, thanks to the entire PlayCanvas team for building something as nice as this, I really, really like the dual open source / commercial product approach, for a multitude of reasons.

Let’s do this!
Hendrik

6 Likes

Hi @hmans and welcome! Yeah, I saw your Twitter post about your initial progress building a React interface to PlayCanvas. Very cool. I’m excited to see where that project goes. Please do continue to tweet any updates - the team and I will, of course, help out with retweets. :smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’m keeping my name and age unknown. I’ve always been intrested in making 3D games and I’m on a chromebook so yeah… not much I can do.

Hello my name is Enrique Flores Im 13 years old and Im really passionate to making games or even to code either way Im really not good at it but I am trying to look all over the internet to make these games. I will try my best to keep on learning and hope to have a great future some day.

4 Likes

Cheers @ENRIQUE_FLORES :rocket:

You came to the right place. There are tons of tutorials and great folk to help you on your way.

Keep on keeping on :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello my name is Braiden Perkins but I am known as DeductedFlame24 I am a freshman wanting to learn how to code games. I am pretty bad at programing but I will try to get better.

1 Like

he guys, i’m karsten. i’m into realtime graphics since for more then 25 years now. i’m responsible for playcanvas projects like: https://ufomammoot.de or https://rtz23.de among others. i’m actually lurking around the forum for years now without writing myself. i’ve learned so much from all your posts. so thank you all and hello!

6 Likes

Wow! You’ve made some awesome projects. I really like your art style and music. Your adidas game is really fun.

1 Like

he … glad to hear. add me on twitter or insta. i’m going to publish more things in the next months.

1 Like

Hi community.

I just wanted to say hi. I am new to playcanvas and comes from a Java game dev world.

I have been searching for a game engine that works relatively the same as what I have been using in JAVA.

Playcanvas seems to be a very cool engine.

2 Likes

Hi, I am a High School Video Game Design teacher (video production, art, and biology too). Due to covid, my students have had to learn from home and do not have access to the normal program we use at school. I had to finish the last school year with very elementary assignments. But when I discovered PlayCanvas this semester, I was absolutely thrilled. Thank you for creating such an awesome product. So far I have been able to have my students create 3 different games and they really enjoy this program. I am now working to create a full semester of projects utilizing PlayCanvas. I may ask for help figuring some things out in the future, so I appreciate the forum and the opportunity for help.

9 Likes