Import project form Unreal Engine

Hi, I am new to playcanvas. I worked in unreal engine before and have no coding experience.
I want to bring the projects from UE as visual script/blueprint is easy and play canvas seems best for web browser.
I did import fbx assets successfully.
When published from UE for html it comes with json and other files. Is there any way paste those codes in play canvas
and make it working?
It will be tremendous help if someone shows a way.
Thanks.

I don’t know how much of this can apply to UE but you may want to check out @Leonidas’ awesome “Converting from Unity to PlayCanvas” series of articles.

1 Like

Generally, no. There is no ‘easy’ way to import a project from UE to PlayCanvas. You mostly will have to write it from scratch unfortunately.

I am no Unreal expert, still in the learning phase, but you might want too look at the Web GL and Web Assembly exports from Unreal. Play Canvas is a lot more efficient in terms of Vram, Ram file size and draw calls than Unreal and Unity we found.

No, you can’t really import projects from UE because it uses C++ language while play canvas uses HTML5 (Hyper Text Markup language 5) which is used for websites and Javascript (JS) which is used to put interactive content on browsers. With the use of UE is impossible to import projects on Play Canvas.