[SOLVED] Images taking very long time to upload

Hello, recently I’ve been noticing that images are taking a long time to load, even upwards of 5 minutes. I don’t think it is the file size because they are all less than 100 bytes and it isn’t my internet.

The image just stays like this for ages:

What’s really strange is that the image is loaded on the side bar, but not on the assets page:

1 Like

I can confirm this happened to me on Friday June 5th, around 7-8pm BST.

Uploading a set of 10 images at the same time will have one or two images getting stuck and loading infinitely. The upload seems to be complete, when I had the editor reload the image will show correctly eventually.

4 Likes

Same happened with me too on friday. Don’t know is it fixed or not.

Hi all, thanks for the reports. It seems to an issue that comes and goes (processing of images take uploads of a minute) and we will look into it as soon as we can at the start of the work week.

4 Likes

We’ve restarted the server that handles these jobs and that has fixed the issue for me. Please let us know if this still happens for you.

2 Likes

October 27th. Yesterday all OK, today no one in 25 km. around can upload assets or images…same issue. In a new project, old one, admin or not…only coding is possible. What’s wrong?

rebooting, changing browser or computer…same issue . i didn’t use PlayCanvas for a long time. Is it opperative?

Hi @Juanjo3D,

This is a server issue, currently being investigated to quickly resolve:

This should now be solved.

1 Like