I have a script problem - Cannot read property keyboard

it works, but this happened

i think this is the problem

You forget to do this.

what is an attribute?
Can u please dumb it down

Attributes are the pieces of code that allow you to set and edit values inside of the editor. Please take at look at this bit of documentation for more information:

https://developer.playcanvas.com/en/user-manual/scripting/script-attributes/

1 Like

okay
LOOKING WORKS!
i haven’t been on much because my dog died.
His name is Bane, He is The Greatest Pyrenees
but now i have another problem
i pressed W and this happened

1 Like

it does that for all of them
w,a,s, and d

Hello @The_real_bosser24! Have you already tried to compare your script with the original script? Because when I do, I immediately see what you’re missing.

where do i add that

Somewhere at the beginning of your update function, at least before the first time you use the variable forward. If you don’t know or get erros, please check the original script where you got the rest of the code from.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: He Died On Monday I Miss Him

do i use it on all 4 sides

it shows no errors but it isn’t moving

No, only once.

still broke

Line 103 to 117 is outside the update function because you close the function on line 101. So your current line 101 need to be after line 117.

Also you have to remove your current line 103 to 111 because this is a duplicate of line 62 to 70.

It says that Line 106
X is not defined?

When i get a new computer ima go to Unity and learn to code

I personally have tried unity, and a couple others, so the only ones I would recommend is playcanvas and unreal

Sweet, That would help me choose a new computer, i might go to unreal then.
because i was planning on a mac or a Dell(that runs windows)
But this is off-topic so lets not talk about this…

1 Like

Because you close the function at line 100 at the moment. Because of that line 106 is outside the function. Replace line 100 to line 110.