How To add Chatting to my game

i have a game called trigo run that just recently got multiplayer added to it, but i would like to know how to make a chat system with usernames, also with the usernames, since they are attached to the cube the rotate with the cube and i find that a problem since my player cube rotates freely when moving, i want the username to be stationary, so it doesnt spin around, but still follow/connect to the player

Hi @Kevin_Herod,

Rolling your own chat solution can be quite the work. It’s not really related with the PlayCanvas API, you will mostly use vanilla JavaScript to connect with your server or use a third party API.

In any case this post may be helpful to get started: Need A HTML ChatRoom, If Possible - #2 by Nathan_Hawkins1

k

@Kevin_Herod Could you react a little more respectful please?

i just said ok is that not respectful

You didn’t say ‘ok’ and if we talk about respectful then you can say ‘ok, thank you for your help’.

k is literally ok

also do you think anyone gives respect around here? just look at some of alucards comments

This forum is not a chat. Posts with ‘k’ or ‘ok’ are not desired. Rather use the ‘like’ button if you don’t feel like typing.