FREE: PlayCanvas Editor Extension v1.4.3

Just thought of another request. Would it be possible to use a service like tinypng.com to ‘compress’ the textures? (User will have to provide their API key)

2 Likes

Sounds good. I’ll take a look!

I’m looking at this and wondering if I can just build in a quantizer and palette creation option. I guess the issue is that many of the available libraries seem to use binary implementations. Will report back.

@whydoidoit Thank you for this great extension! I’ll be eager to study the source code to see how you did it :slight_smile:

I was giving a try to the texture downsize, but I think there is something not working. I used a jpg of 1920x1440. If I downsize it to 512 it creates a new one of 960x720. (by the way why do not allow to downsize to 1024 too).
I suppose you are expecting a squared 1024x1024 texture and 512 represents a 50% reduction.

Also, a minor detail, it would be nice to have the new texture placed in the same folder of the original.

I faced little issue when I can’t lock camera because of panel.

1 Like

How does copying off assets between projects work? I can’t seem to find where the buttons are, in the extension and in Play Canvas

Select entity, right panel, bottom.

Thanks, I am going to try that!

I read the docs and it seems to be not working or user error, select the objects in the hierarchy and copy on the tool bar, and then in my other project I press paste, but it’s not pasting anything I selected, too complex maybe?
Guessing User error.

I also tried that bottom right hand panel thing, but it doesn’t seem to work either for me.

Thank you for this really nice extension! I definitely need to try that. Many thanks :slight_smile:

The bottom right hand panel option mentioned above only does entities from what I have found elsewhere on the forums, does this extension support assets?

On a sidenote, it’s possible to do runtime static mesh baking via the Playcanvas’s Batchmanager or just Batch groups within editor. But overall, this seems nifty more for the pre-baked mesh combining. I think Decimator generally works best for trunk/rock-like structures but not something requiring fine-tuned precision like buildings though?

I tried to combine 2 primitives i get undefined though.

@whydoidoit are you still active on Playcanvas or Github at all?

“See whole of asset name in the asset panel” needs to be a built in official feature ASAP

I’ve written a CSS override using Stylebot extension that turns the asset panel into a list view. I agree, it’s a lot better.

@yaustar would you mind to share your extension? I would appreciate a list view, since the tiled one is quite confusing from a certain point on :wink:

It’s not an extension I made, I’m just using it to override the CSS :slight_smile: LIST view assets panel!

Might just be me, but anyone else using this having an issue with nothing appearing in the viewport in the editor? Just shows icons for things like scripts and cameras, but no assets appear in the world. Think this started since PC v1.27.x. Disabling this extension fixes the issue

Yes, it seems like it’s time for the community to discontinue using @whydoidoit’s extension unfortunately. I’m amazed it has functioned for as long as it has without maintenance.

1 Like

What features did people like using the extension for and like us to consider adding to the Editor? Please add them as feature requests to the GitHub here: https://github.com/playcanvas/editor/issues :slight_smile:

2 Likes