Engine update seems to have affected video playback

@Grimmy we will patch the engine with a fix because the chrome bug could take forever to be released.

We are waiting on one other engine fix before we patch, hopefully we’ll release within the next few days.

3 Likes

Great! Thank You.

Hi, Im still seeing issues with this. I’m coming back to address the video issues in my project after the break and the videos arent playing and Im seeing these warnings:

Note: As before, if I set autoplay = true the video plays back without issue.(but I need autoplay=false))

Thanks

@slimbuck

Ah ok, yes we got a response from the chrome peeps and they suggest we always recreate the texture when handling video elements, see 1511207 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail.

This is precisely what we did in Video fix by slimbuck · Pull Request #5896 · playcanvas/engine · GitHub.

The above change will go out in the next engine release, hopefully within the week.

1 Like

Hi. Any news on this? I don’t think there was any update to this in the latest engine release. I could be wrong. Let me know. Thanks

There were fixes in the last engine … please search for “video” here: Releases · playcanvas/engine · GitHub

1 Like