Engine 1.27.0 coming tomorrow - Help us test it!

The translation into Dutch is a bit double.
So is that done now or are you going to prepare it now? :yum:

LOL. We will fix that now. (It’s not fixed yet). :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi @will ,

i’d just like to follow up on the issue @Albertos had. I’m still getting the error he described in his previous post. Any information on when this issue might be resolved, or tips on how to resolve it myself would be greatly appreciated!

Here again the error i get in the console:

TypeError: Ammo.AllHitsRayResultCallback is not a constructor
    at RigidBodyComponentSystem.raycastAll (playcanvas-stable.dbg.js:32550)
    at script.CharacterShadow.castShadow (CharacterShadow.js?id=30670513&branchId=d35b119e-fc3f-4ac9-85ba-ea9035905853:26)
    at script.CharacterShadow.update (CharacterShadow.js?id=30670513&branchId=d35b119e-fc3f-4ac9-85ba-ea9035905853:17)
    at ScriptComponent._scriptMethod (playcanvas-stable.dbg.js:29892)
    at ScriptComponent._onUpdate (playcanvas-stable.dbg.js:29928)
    at ScriptComponentSystem._callComponentMethod (playcanvas-stable.dbg.js:30343)
    at ScriptComponentSystem._onUpdate (playcanvas-stable.dbg.js:30352)
    at Function._helper (playcanvas-stable.dbg.js:26801)
    at Function.update (playcanvas-stable.dbg.js:26809)
    at Application.update (playcanvas-stable.dbg.js:26224)

Best regards,
Christoph

Yeah, just update your ammo.js to the latest version. Delete the ‘Ammo’ folder in your assets panel and re-import it.

1 Like

Awesome, works perfectly now!

For anyone that might stumble upon this and wonders how to update ammo.js, here’s the link to the according entry in playcanvas’s user manual:
https://developer.playcanvas.com/en/user-manual/physics/physics-migration/

1 Like

tried the new engine. However, I could NOT find the detail map in the Material properties…anything I need to do to enable the detail map capability? Thanks!

@ericcream, this is because the detail map support is only part of the engine and those material properties have not yet been exposed to the Editor UI. To use the detail map support, for now, you have to do it in script.

@will Thanks for your prompt feedback! Is there a way to enable this option in the UI panel…it’s doable to add it by script, but our 3D artists have to test/confirm the visual effect first in the editor.

I saw a post on the github: https://github.com/playcanvas/engine/issues/1962. Not sure if I can have the similar one.

For the moment, you will have to write a script that has the attributes that you want to tweak so an artist can just change values/assets etc via the Editor.

got it. Thanks for the help