Can't correctly build "After The Flood" project

Hi!
I’m trying to teach the playcanvas and decided to take “After The Flood project” as a basis. I made a fork of it and immediately ran into the problem that I can’t assemble it correctly so that it would build and start! I am not a programmer, so I decided to ask for help in specifying the correct sequence of actions

Hi @in_to!

What do you mean with this? Did you change something and get an error when you try to build the project?

What are you trying to achieve?

After the Flood is an old project (2016/2017) that used many private APIs for it’s shader and post processing effects. Unfortunately, the engine has changed a lot over the years and it’s no longer actively maintained.

We hope to one day find the time to bring it back to life but unfortunately the developer that created it is no longer with the team and it’s a complex project.

1 Like

Can we give a warning on the project overview page, like projects with legacy scripts?

2 Likes

Done

2 Likes

What’s the link to this?

https://playcanvas.com/project/529572/overview/after-the-flood

I meant by the forked version, do you know the link to it ?

I want to fork the project but it’s not playable when I publish it

If the project is not updated yet, you can probably read the reason in this topic.

So forking the project is not a good possibility of trying to fork it?

The problem is that the original project is broken. You can fork a broken project, but it remains broken.

1 Like

Okay i understand it now, is there anyway i can use the same quality levels (Shader, Scripts etc) like after the flood to my game im making?

The shaders and scripts of this project are broken because of engine updates. You can achieve the same result with updated shaders ans scripts, but I don’t know where you can find these.

Thank you for the help, i understand this now

1 Like