Basic enemy AI

Hey @Albertos I doubt you will use this, this is not a suggestion or anything, just something you might wanna check out for the ai Released: Hephauestus Grid Pathfinding

I just saw what the path finding does, and it kinda blew my mind, if you were somehow able to add something similar this to the ai without making it too complicated, the enemy ai would be FLAWLESS, I bet it is just wishful thinking, but if it could be added to the enemyDestination stuff. I am not saying the raycasts are not good enough, they are, but there is always room for improvement.

This is no longer available and was a paid solution that I couldn’t use in a public project.

I created this project because of the lack of pathfinding in PlayCanvas, not because I like the raycasts that much.

As soon as there is a better alternative, I’m happy to use it.

1 Like

So I can’t even buy it anymore?

Unfortunately, that’s correct.

2 Likes

I am trying to get the ai to go through the door, I tagged them all with ignore, (I’m using templates, it makes things easier, thanks) but even then he won’t could you help me out? (This is a new project btw) I already know how I plan to make him “open” doors but first I need him to go through it. Thanks in advanced

Also going back to the specific turn lengths, maybe not lengths but positions, my character is very wide so his arms cut into objects and stuff.

Also forgot, here is link lol >>> PlayCanvas | HTML5 Game Engine

Be aware it should be Ignore instead of ignore.

What I have seen in your previous test project is that it works perfectly fine. It are just some edge cases that I cannot prevent. Making the side sensors longer will affect the AI negatively in other cases.

1 Like

By the way, your doors are also a reason not the make the sensor length too long. It will faster detect the walls around the door and let the AI avoid.

1 Like

Got it, thanks

I miss turning speed, because the ai will get stuck in the spawn point (the super tiny room)

It goes in a back and forth motion for a while

Yes, this is also an edge case where in front and behind the AI is an obstacle. It also tells me your door is currently not ignored.

It is ignored, but the space is so small idk, is there a way to make the ai avoid that room completely even if the player opens the door.

How does the AI get it in the specific room?

1 Like

I just realized he is doing this in multiple areas, I think this could be an issue…

He just wanders around and he can open doors, thats it take a look PlayCanvas | HTML5 Game Engine

I checked your project and it looks like your character is just too big for the door, so it’s not really the sensors why the arms go through the walls?

1 Like

Does the code use the size or rigid body or something? He can go through doors and I even coded him to open and close them, but in tight areas he gets stuck.