Requirements for multiplayer pack

Sure, I can put down some other stuff and start working on a multiplayer engine again. Do you have a github repository or anything? svn is good. Or I could learn another DVCS

I guess I havenā€™t formally introduced my multiplayer framework because I donā€™t have a PlayCanvas game yet. Here it is, itā€™s like a tag game with a map. Would be cool if we could get some DEM data and apply it to these maps. https://github.com/coderextreme/pc.multiplayer

Iā€™m using GitHub now, and used SVN for few years. Also ClearCase with an interface stuck in the eighties.

DEM data certainly would be easy enough. Would you mind waiting until I finish the current demo Iā€™m working on? Finishing up the Menu, and adding GamePlay without networked multiplayer will take a few more weeks. Might go faster depending on what issues I stumble on.

No problem, I can find ways to keep myself busy.

1 Like

Actually, I was hoping that you wouldnā€™t mind testing the project as it stands now if you havenā€™t. Also, Iā€™d like to start thinking about making the project a network multiplayer game as soon as possible. That is if you donā€™t mind.

I was talking about downloading the DEM data from USGS and incorporating into your project afterwards. A little selfish?

Also, Iā€™ve added comments to the other ā€œprogressā€ thread. Which thread do you want to use? It would be better to work one, if possible.

Nice Job Yottzumm! Go get them! :smile:

Thatā€™s good. We can work on the current demo and add multiplayer features to it. Iā€™m trying to get access to GitHub. Do I need to set up another GitHub account for PlayCanvas?

Well, where are we? We haver a socket.io server written in JavaScript that receives and sends motion events. It doesnā€™t have the full PlayCanvas Environment, I just stub out pc, pc.script and pc.script.create. However, I would like to start configuring the server like I do the browser stuff. What should I do to do scripting on a node server. I can look into this more, but Iā€™m wondering if anyone is already running PlayCanvas on the server.

You are doing a fantastic job YOTTZ ( can i call you YOTTZ? ahah )