PLAYHACK with Playjam - £3500 prize money!

Big news coming in February. Our monthly Game Jam PLAYHACK is back. This time we’ve partnered with games publisher Playjam to offer rewards for the best games you create.

Playjam are offering big cash prizes for the winners of the new PLAYHACK, plus the opportunity to be published and feature in their upcoming mobile platform for HTML5 games.

PLAYHACK will kick-off on the 1st February and run for 6 weeks. So warm up your coding fingers and get yourself familiar with all the new PlayCanvas goodies. Here’s a hint, mobile games are popular these days…

More info soon, it’s going to be a big one!

4 Likes

For anyone who missed the announcement on the newsletter…

PLAYHACK with PlayJam starts on the 1st February

Thanks to PlayJam we’ve got some great prizes for the best entries.

1st Prize – £2000
2nd Prize – £1000
3rd Prize – £500

Incredible! On top of the healthy bundle of cash, PlayJam are also offering the opportunity to be published on their upcoming mobile games platform. (Not up to speed with our old world currency? £2000 is over US$2800!)

PLAYHACK will kick-off on the 1st of February and run for 6 weeks and they’ll be more details coming up. On the 1st, we’ll announce a theme and give you access to a set of 3D models to base your game on. So warm up your coding fingers and get yourself familiar with all the new PlayCanvas goodies. Here’s a hint, think mobile.

2 Likes

Is this competition able to join from anywhere of world ?

Yes, absolutely!

We’ll publish the full rules on Monday, but it is open to everyone.

1 Like

Marvelous !! :slight_smile:
We wait your annouce ! :muscle:

1 Like

Looking forward to see what the theme is :smiley:

I would love to participate, but the rules prevent me. Specifically this one:

All Entries must be created using PlayCanvas and final games must be published and hosted on the PlayCanvas site.

I do my development engine-only due to (among other reasons) a poor internet connection. As such, I cannot publish/host the game at the playcanvas site. (as far as I know)
Is there the possibility of modification of the rules to allow engine-only users the chance to enter?

2 Likes

How does it work if we want to update a submitted game? Can we publish a new one and mark the latest as current build without messing up the jam? I realize it won’t be judged but I need to add in a few sfx and would like to improve it.

1 Like

For the period of judging (until the winners are announced around 1st April), please do not update the Primary App for the project.

You can either:

• Fork your project and work from there.
  • Continue working in your existing project but do not update the Primary App.
2 Likes