Looking for a Partner

Hey everyone!

Looking for a talented programmer with some experience who wants to collaborate on a project or two (or, ideally, form a consistent team if you’re planning to turn this hobby into profession).

About me: a little bit programmer who’s doing art sometimes (you can find my old works here).

I expect you to have a passion for games and not to be affraid of using PlayCanvas as a standalone engine (without it’s editor). Also, I really hope that you prefer Ghibli like art since this is the style I’m looking into lately.

Contact me via PM if interested! Thanks!

I can’t be your partner (because I dont know jack about any of this stuff, I’m currently learning.) but how did you make those 3D models? They are very nice.

Models are made by using Blender (blender.org) which is a free yet professional and very powerful 3d creation software. You can do pretty much everything there (model, paint, sculpt, animate, render, composite and even make games).

There are tons of tutorials on YouTube so you won’t get lost.

What kinds of games are you into?

I’m a programmer, and I’ve been doing web stuff off and on for about eight years. About six months ago though, I started working on my first actual game, a super simple 2d explorer with physics, ai, and a rendering engine. This past weekend, I got a model from StarCraft 2 exported from the editor, imported into Blender, and rendering in the browser (using three.js, browerify, and a bit of custom ES6 hackery). I can definitely expand it into something greater, but working on my own is kind of meh. I’ve bought and have been reading a couple of books on 3d math, AI programming, and game design patterns.

Anyway, I’m into RTSs, turn-based games, strategy games, etc. Let me know if you want to chat.

I can add you to my team if you like, but yes I would like to be your partner.