Editor Assets loading bug in Safari?

I’m not sure if I found a bug, but I cannot see any of my assets on Safari 8.0 (OSX 10.10), and I get an error on the log at the bottom of the screen, despite re-opening the browser repeatedly:

However, when I use Chrome v 46, all my assets do show up, and I get no errors:

I’m not sure if this is a known bug or not. I like the folders update on the asset manager, by the way!

The error in Safari has been in our bug database for a few weeks now. I’ll see if @max can fix it on Monday. Sorry it’s affected you. I think the asset visibility bug might be unrelated but we’ll look into it. Expect a follow up on Monday. :smile:

The Safari bug should now be fixed! :smile: Can you load that scene in the Editor again and check if everything loads correctly now in Safari? Let me know how it goes!

Excellent! Sadly, I use PC at work, so I’ll have to wait until I get home tonight to check it on my Mac. I’ll report back!

The error is gone! The assets, however, are still not loading. I’ll just have to use Chrome for the time being!

Could you please add me (max) to your project, so I could debug your case?

Ok, I just added you. The assets stopped loading for me somewhere between Nov 1st to Nov 14th, so I’m guessing maybe it was when you guys introduced the new folder structure?

Hm, that’s weird. Because “it works for me” :slight_smile:
Safari Version 9.0.1 (10601.2.7.2)

Oh, I see… I’m still using Safari 8.0 on OSX 10.10 I guess I finally have a reason to upgrade to El Capitan!

Thanks!

Before you do upgrade, are you seeing any errors/warnings in the JavaScript console in Safari?

Not an error per se, but I’m getting a console log as soon as the editor is loaded that reads:

unknown component "pack", in entity 7b4c3626-b091-4153-a1a7-383582cf05f2 (editor.js, line 46727)

Screenshot below:

That message is there because you forked the model viewer project presumably, which is very old. It still contains an old component definition that has now been removed from the engine. It’s harmless though.

So I have no idea why you’re having problems unfortunately. Do other projects show assets or is the issue specific to just this project?

TBH, I think I recommend just upgrading your OS for now.

No worries, it’s no biggie. I’ve been using Chrome instead, so it hasn’t prevented me from making progress. I just thought you guys would like to know about the issue.

Thanks for reporting. If we stumble across Safari 8, we will definitely debug the problem.