Call of Duty: Black Ops III in WebGL

Hi all,

I thought I’d have a go at getting some artwork out of CoD:BO3 and into PlayCanvas. So far so good:

He’s static at the moment but the character is rigged. I’ll see if I can apply an animation somehow. I’ll post updates as I go.

7 Likes

Looks like animating the character rig might be trickier than I had expected. If any animators what to give it a go, let me know. Not an easy job though.

So I’ve turned my attention to importing a weapon. I wanted to pick something powerful and cool looking, so I chose the Drakon. Check it out:

I had to play with the specular color quite a bit to make it look more or less right. I’m sure I’m losing a lot from the translation process. Still, pretty cool, eh?

3 Likes

I imported a frag grenade too. :smile:

Three guns now imported: Drakon, MNWR and Gator.

@will
this is pretty cool, looks really nice

I love this set of posts.

@will If you have an FBX of the character you can use Mixamo to animate it. Here is a video of how it works.

I have done this before and they make it really easy to use the animation as long as the character is rigged. Only the first part of this video applies where he is uploading to Mixamo and doing the automatic rigging.

By the way these assets look cool.

1 Like

what’s the link to this whole game?

@Police77701 This project did not end up being a game. Instead, @max and I built this little interactive experience where you can configure a weapon:

https://playcanvas.com/project/411970/overview/call-of-duty-gunsmith

How did you do the progressive loading? looks great

thanks for the info wish it was a game